Scan our code with the FindUs App
DOWNLOAD FREE from iPhone or Android App Store
Greetings and Welcome to the Motel Industry in the Mighty Waikato
The Waikato Motel Association (WMA) is an independent amalgamation of like minded motels in the greater Waikato region. Brought together by a common goal the strength of the Association is in its ability and desire to provide a common standard of comfortable accommodation for all travellers alike.
Whether the motel be self rated, two, three or more stars “a can do” value for money approach is adopted by all members. Bound by a strong Code of Ethics all members work together to ensure a “home away from home” living experience. When in the Waikato stay with a member of the WMA and be assured of a welcoming and pleasant stay.
In the Waikato we have had a Motel Association (Inc) established for 40 years. The Association was established to assist members with issues both positive and negative unique to the Industry, and to provide social activities both informative and for that all important break from routine.
The Association has a Constitution and Rules. Membership of the Association is restricted to:-
1. General Members: being Accommodation providers of more than 5 rooms.
2. Allied Members: being persons, firms or corporate bodies who have an active interest in the Industry.
3. Associate Members: being persons who have retired from the Industry.
4. Life Members: being persons who are elected by the Committee for outstanding Services rendered.
The Committee consists of:-
- 2 Vice Presidents
- Minimum of 4 committee members
- Secretary / Treasurer.
The WMA provides the following services:
- Assistance to all new members as you settle into the Industry.
- Advocate and lobby on behalf of WMA members on wider regional and national issues with relevancy to the motel industry. Provide support and utilise established relationships to assist WMA members with local issues pertaining to their motels.
- Provide for representation on various regional boards including Tourism Waikato, Hamilton Civil Defence and
- Provide regular updates and advice to members of changes that will impact the motel industry. This is conveyed via email notifications, guest speakers, bi monthly newsletters.
- Organisation of social functions and activities for members throughout the year, Including an annual Xmas function, sports trips/games, visits to local attractions, luncheons and Dinners/Meetings.
- Key Returns: Keys taken by customer can be returned free via the WMA private box number at the cost of $2.50 to the Motelier.
- Over 40 motels in the Waikato Region are part of the WMA and are deriving great benefit from their Membership.
Membership fee is $192.00 per annum. (Reviewed at the AGM each year)
The WMA Code of Conduct as well as a Membership Application Form has been included for your information.
As Moteliers we are constantly reminded of our responsibilities to the tourism industry. Moteling is a service industry. Please assist all travellers with accommodation at your complex or another if you are unable and to offer suggestions and advice that will make their stay in Hamilton and New Zealand the best they can have.
Motels, as with other businesses, are subjected to constant change. While we all have our own professional advisors and contacts in the industry they may not necessarily attuned to the day to day operations of a motel. This is where the Waikato Motel Association Inc. board and members can assist.
We invite you to consider becoming a member, we look forward to your decision and wish you well in the running of your motel.
Contact us by phone or enquire through the the email box below and we will get back to you.